- Wash your hands.
- Make sure you have all your supplies. Clean Diaper, Wipes, Baby Powder (if neccessary), Diaper Rash Cream (again if necessary) Check with the parents before they leave whether or not to use powder or cream.
- Lay the Child on the changing table/pad.
- Open the clean diaper near you so that it's ready when you need it.
- Carefully open the diaper.
- Move the soiled diaper away from the baby but keep it open. Move it just far enough away so that the child can't reach it and you won't accidently stick your hand in it.
- Wipe the child from front to back until all the mess is cleared away. Don't be afraid to use many wipes. Some changes may require up to 10 or 15 wipes.
- Put used wipes in the soiled diaper.
- Put on new diaper and fasten into place. Not too tight, but not too loose.
- Close up the dirty diaper and throw it in the diaper pail.
- Wash your hands
ALWAYS HAVE ONE HAND ON THE CHILD AT ALL TIMES. NEVER LET THE CHILD OUT OF YOUR SIGHT NO MATTER WHAT. CHILDREN AS YOUNG AS 2 MONTHS OLD CAN ROLL OVER AND FALL.